Monday, October 15, 2007

Orkut and why I find it a waste of time

14 oct / Posted in Social Networking by:

ĐĄŖĸ ĴΕĎĮ


I joined orkut when none of my 87 friends had even heard about it. Now they have friends in the hundreds.

Amazing as it is in connecting long lost friends I soon discovered it was all bullcrap. I just don’t see any point in orkut.

Say hello, send a few scraps, write a few testimonials, ok done, but what next?
Sure it did connect me to my long lost friends and stuff but what after that?
You might have noticed my profile was rather dull and empty (which I am trying to fill up) with no testimonials (huh?!? where did all the friends go?) and just 137 scraps.

And I just don’t see the point in asking a friend to write a testimonial. If he really wanted to wouldn’t he have done it already? This applies to me as well but don’t bug me on that because I hardly ever login orkut or any other social networking site for that matter and I have some really awesome friends whom I meet everyday OFF orkut.

Ok never mind that but what about the communities? I joined some really interesting ones but all people do there now is play lame games like choosing the most attractive guy or gal from the posts above. Give me a break. I would rather clean my room than do that.

The bottom line is that you cannot MAKE friends on the internet and that orkut is complete failure.

But still I haven’t lost hope. I might really make some friends someday on orkut and might as well have some testimonials on my profile (damn do I sound depressing)

So what exactly does all this tell you about me? Nothing really.
For that you would have to wait for the next update on my profile.

If you enjoyed this post, don't forget to visit us again at http://www.chi-world.blogspot.com.com/

No comments: